London, UK - 30.01.2019
ESFRI organised a workshop on the relationship between ESFRI Research Infrastructures (RIs) and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), in London on 30 January 2019 where EOSCpilot Coordinator Juan Bicarregui presented the current state of EOSC and where efforts are currently moving towards.
The workshop was streamed live via the ESFRI youtube channel
The main objective of the workshop is the liaison among ESFRI, ESFRI RIs and EOSC stakeholders, in order to ensure the optimal integration of ESFRI RIs in the EOSC ecosystem. In this direction, the Workshop aims to
1. Promote sharing existing good practices and experiences and collaborating on:
- Open science policies, including domain/cross-domain ones
- Data and services’ sharing and re-use, including the adoption of FAIR principles and the appropriate criteria for reproducibility of data and research results (+R)
- Understanding strategies for federating into EOSC the good practices and services developed by the ESFRI RIs
2. Understand, plan for and serve current and future ESFRI RIs requirements by:
- Understanding and discussing the architecture, access, and interfaces
- Understanding and discussing the governance and participation rules
- Planning training for developing skills
3. Share ESFRI position on EOSC:
The workshop will be hosted by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI/STFC) at the London Royal Geographical Society, supported by the StR-ESFRI Project (Support to Reinforce ESFRI), in cooperation with ESFRI and the European Commission, DG Research and Innovation (Unit B4 – Research Infrastructure).
The workshop is expected to start at 09am on 30th of January and end in the evening of the same day with a networking reception. Participation is by invitation only; each ESFRI project and Landmark will be guaranteed a place but additional places will depend on demand.
Download the presentations here:
Juan Bicarregui: Next steps for EOSC