21 Nov 2018
Participation in EOSC: Rules, Obligations, Codes of Conduct and Expectations
Chair Name and Organisation
- Matthew Dovey (Jisc)
Panellists Names and Organisation
- Philippe Segers, Project Manager for Genci
- Francoise Genova, Researcher for University of Strasbourg - Director of the Strasbourg astronomical data centre CDS from 1995 to 2015
- Franco Niccolucci, Director of the VAST LAB laboratory at PIN, Prato - Science Demonstrator for TextCrowd
- Pascal Kahlem, Coordinator of the Training Platform, ELIXIR - Owner, Scientific Network Management SL
- Vanessa Hannesschläger, ACDH
Description of the session
The current Rules of Participation in EOSC define obligations on service providers in order to participate in EOSC. This panel will take an end-user\research community focus on the expectation and obligations to participate in EOSC.
- What are the researchers expectations of EOSC and EOSC participating service providers?
- Do the current rules of participation meet those expectations?
- What is the role of excellence based (peer reviewed) access to scarce resources?
- What are the researchers expectations of both themselves and their fellow researchers in order to meet the EOSC goals of data sharing and open science?
- What are the underpinning obligations and codes of conduct on researchers needed to meet those expectations?
- Introduction to the session by the chair (5 minutes)
- Short position statements from the panellists addressing the key questions (20 minutes)
- Panel discussion - lively audience participation expected! (30 minutes)
- Wrap up\summary by the chair (5 minutes)