Chair Name and Organisation
- Per Öster, Director at IT Center for Science (CSC)
Panellists Names and Organisation
- Matthew Dovey, Head of e-Infrastructure Strategy, JISC (EOSCpilot)
- Marie Timmermann, Senior Policy Officer, Science Europe
- Tiina Kupila-Rantala, Deputy Managing Director at CSC – IT Center for Science (EOSChub strategy)
- Silvana Muscella, Chair of the 2nd EOSC HLEG - CEO & founder of Trust IT Services
Description of the session
The key objective for the Governance Work is to design and trial a stakeholder driven governance framework with the involvement of research communities, research institutions, research infrastructures including e-infrastructures, and research funding bodies, to shape and oversee future development of the European Open Science Cloud.
Hear directly from @CSCfi's @pererikoster on why you should attend the #EOSCStakeholderForum's session on #EOSC Governance. Present will be @Jisc's @mdovey, M. Timmermann, @TiinaKupila of @EOSC_eu & @silvanamuscella from @TrustITServices. #H2020 pic.twitter.com/gyeQU3mmC8
— EOSCpilot.eu (@eoscpilot) October 15, 2018
The design of the governance framework must reflect the overall objective of the EOSC: to create a trusted European environment for hosting and processing research data to help maintain the world-leading role of European science. The governance framework should overcome fragmentation by federating scientific data infrastructures scattered across disciplines and Member States. This means building on existing structures and involving all key stakeholders.
- 13:30 – 13:40: Short Introduction on the Governance by Per Öster, CSC
- 13:40 – 14:30: Panel discussion "Governance of EOSC" chaired by Per Öster